It’s New York Fashion Week and seasoned Interview photographers Shawn Brackbill, Christopher Gabello, Kate Owen, and Frank Sun are backstage and front row at our favorite shows. Check in daily and follow Shawn, Chris, Kate, and Frank on Interview’s Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest updates.
Jason Wu knows his woman. The strength of her is summed up in Wu’s Fall/Winter ads, where Adriana Lima poses in the pool room of power-lunching mecca The Four Seasons. But for his Spring 2015 show, which took place yesterday afternoon at Spring Studios, that strength was softened into a more discreet, but equally powerful sex appeal. Wu began with delicately washed out organic camo-prints on day-friendly slit pencil skirts and sheer chiffon before progressing into olive drab (on roomy trousers and liquid-y overcoat) and lacy white frocks. The waist, for Wu, is always key, and he cinched structured wrap dresses, a cobalt blue romper, and dark blue safari jacket with a variety of belts. The collection had a ’70s feel, which was intensified in the eveningwear options—spangly, embellished draped dresses in salmon and lapis, and fluid, cut-up-to-here and down-to-there gowns with plenty of clavicle and sternum exposed.
For more from New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2015, click here.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- That Time Brad Pitt Was Banned from China
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit