Back to Basics
Published March 11, 2010
Hair color is back to basics. Shiny, healthy strands are in it to win it. Say goodbye to over-processed highlights and a head filled with twenty different variations of the same hue.
Using some recent Oscar looks as examples, celebrity hair colorist Lorri Goddard-Clark weighs in on two color trends:
Glossy, Rich Brunette
As seen on: Sandra Bullock and Mo’Nique
Rich deep hues and subtle texture define features and bring out the gorgeous in you.
Bombshell Blonde on Blonde
As seen on: Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz
Creamy threads of blonde layered on top of light and dark caramel blonde is a timeless, glamorous choice.
Sarah Howard is the editor of Beauty Banter.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse