Beauty is Within (The Pages)
Published August 31, 2010
A Magazine announced today that the designer Giambattista Valli has curated its forthcoming tenth issue. Come to think of it, we don’t know all that much about the Roman-born party (girl) dress designer, who worked for Ungaro before it went berserk, and who continues to give Victoria Beckham her body-con flare. Keep in mind that the first issue of A featured Martin Margiela choosing his favorite things in 2004, so mystery has always had something to do with it. Valli will show off his inspirations in a portfolio that responds, in long form, to the question “What Is Beauty?” In one poignantly prescient inclusion: the late photographer Corinne Day tries her hand at answer one of life’s most pivotal questions.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show