It’s easy to forget, when browsing resort collections replete with short shorts and bathing suits, that the clothes will go on sale in November and December. Surely no one spends their entire winter on vacation in the tropics. For those who find themselves in more temperate climates, this look from The Row‘s 2013 resort collection is something of a shiny, black gem (on which we politely request first dibs). The CFDA’s womenswear wunderkinds have turned out an elegant answer to hostile holiday weather: inspired by vintage fishermen’s gear, the ribbed leather coat looks perfectly purposed to brave the dreaded “wintry mix.” Complete with a cozy, exaggerated turtleneck sweater and snug leather leggings, this stylishly utilitarian number guarantees that you won’t need to flee to towards the equator this winter, and you probably won’t want to. Leather and heat don’t really mix, and our loyalties lie with the former.
This First Dibs look was chosen by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
For more First Dibs, click here.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True