It’s easy to forget, when browsing resort collections replete with short shorts and bathing suits, that the clothes will go on sale in November and December. Surely no one spends their entire winter on vacation in the tropics. For those who find themselves in more temperate climates, this look from The Row‘s 2013 resort collection is something of a shiny, black gem (on which we politely request first dibs). The CFDA’s womenswear wunderkinds have turned out an elegant answer to hostile holiday weather: inspired by vintage fishermen’s gear, the ribbed leather coat looks perfectly purposed to brave the dreaded “wintry mix.” Complete with a cozy, exaggerated turtleneck sweater and snug leather leggings, this stylishly utilitarian number guarantees that you won’t need to flee to towards the equator this winter, and you probably won’t want to. Leather and heat don’t really mix, and our loyalties lie with the former.
This First Dibs look was chosen by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
For more First Dibs, click here.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse