Nobody can mix prints as effortlessly and stylishly as a Proenza Schouler girl. For their latest, Clyfford Still-inspired Resort collection, Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough put a collage-like print mode into overdrive, with an array of designs in unusual yet welcome juxtapositions. The first look in the collection, the crêpe suiting asymmetrical dress shown above, is a virtuoso example. The monochromatic minimalistic bodice (Mia Wallace would approve, certainly) is prim, proper, and deceitfully roomy. But combined with the grey-tone stripe bottom, the look creates an undeniably bold and sporty feel, especially with the addition of white leather sandals and a color-blocked clutch. From AM to PM, office to the bar, this look is as versatile—yet sexy—as it gets.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Talk Hole: The Karen Kolumn
- Thirstory: That Time Madonna Was Almost Arrested for Simulating Masturbation