Even with clothes almost in stores, we’re still reeling from Christopher Kane’s architectural, origami-accented Fall 2o14 collection, and his brash outing for Resort 2015 has us feeling the very same way. Kane is a master of toeing the line between jolie-laide and good and bad taste, typically erring on the good side. Take the above look, for example. It’s an all-for-one deal, with sleek handbag, open-toed strappy heels, and minimal, mod-ish structured, cropped jacket, and A-line mini printed with multi-colored leopard print, as if Jane Fonda in Klute, Lisa Frank, and Barbie somehow converged into one outfit. It’s the kind of matchy-matchy that works—because, sometimes, too much of a good thing can be wonderful. We’re calling first dibs.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Thirstory: Getting Down and Dirty with Zac Efron