“The monsters I thought about are those that don’t fit in—those who think differently from the majority, the people of exception, outsiders. I wish that society would place more importance and value on these kinds of monsters.”—Rei Kawakubo
Comme des Garçons’ tour de force Fall ’14 show redefined the boundaries of what fashion can be. Designer Rei Kawakubo’s vision of huge knitted extensions, that distorted familiar clothing archetypes to create new otherworldly silhouettes, challenges the conventions of fashion. Rejecting all that could be considered ordinary while commenting on the extremes in today’s humanity, Kawakubo’s beautiful monsters stand proud.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Our Once and Future President, Answers 21 Questions from Her Famous Friends
- Lil Tracy and Ishmael Butler Have a Father and Son Heart-to-Heart
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock
- Ed Templeton and William Strobeck On Skateboarding and Sweaters
- Talk Hole: Zooming Through the Quarantine with Jeremy O. Harris