“I wanted this collection to be a very, very soft kind of futurism,” explains designer Raf Simons of his most recent collection for Christian Dior. “When we think about Dior, we think a lot about flower bouquets and gardens with a lot of colors, and I was more interested in doing something that has a certain kind of purity, especially an aspect of something more savage,” he continues.
Sitting in front of the runway in the above video, Simons goes on to further discuss the inspirations—from the stark white set design surrounded by a mound of blue delphinium flowers to the construction of individual garments and the modern climate of high fashion.
For more images from Raf Simons’ Spring/Summer 2016 collection for Christian Dior, click here.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy