“I wanted this collection to be a very, very soft kind of futurism,” explains designer Raf Simons of his most recent collection for Christian Dior. “When we think about Dior, we think a lot about flower bouquets and gardens with a lot of colors, and I was more interested in doing something that has a certain kind of purity, especially an aspect of something more savage,” he continues.
Sitting in front of the runway in the above video, Simons goes on to further discuss the inspirations—from the stark white set design surrounded by a mound of blue delphinium flowers to the construction of individual garments and the modern climate of high fashion.
For more images from Raf Simons’ Spring/Summer 2016 collection for Christian Dior, click here.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress