The international Fashion Weeks are still in full swing (bien sur, Paris!) but we’ve taken down three cities thus far: New York, London, and Milan. We brought you the runway looks from New York, and now it’s time for a little trend reporting from the Brits and the Italians. We’ve enlisted MAC Cosmetics Senior Artist Louise Zizzo and MAC Senior Artist Keri Blair to help with the task. With over 50 shows booked this season alone, MAC is the go-to for all things color. You’re in good hands, ladies. (Note: Watch for similar trends from city to city. Strong brows, heavy eyeliner, and the color orange will definitely play a major role come spring.)
Let’s start with London, where Louise Zizzo spots the top six trends:
• Mirrored skin: Think layering creams, metals and gloss to give outstanding texture and finished look. Try MAC Cosmetics Cream Colour Base in Shell to give that glimmer.Seen at: Sass & Bide, Peter Pilotto
• ’50s eyeliner: Create a dramatic, winged-out eye with MAC Cosmetics Paint Pot in Black Ground or Eye Kohl in Smolder. Then layer on the mascara! Seen at: Jonathan Saunders, Marios Schwab
• Orange, orange, orange: Use just a touch of an orange shade to tint your cheeks or go all the way with a bold orange lip. Try MAC Cosmetics lipstick in Morange.Seen at: Felder Felder, Erdem [above]• Last-night makeup: The look created when one falls asleep without taking their makeup off. Think slightly left on or rubbed off liner. Lip stains create that faded lipstick look.Seen at: Paul Smith, Holly Fulton
• Painterly colors: Neon bright colors washed over the skin. Cheeks look extremely flushed and colorful. Try MAC Cosmetics Powder Blush in Frankly Scarlet or Pink Swoon.Seen at: Vivienne Westwood Red Label, Meadham Kirchhoff
• Boy brows: Either brushed up or drawn in. Try MAC Cosmetics Brow Set in Clear.Seen at: Sass & Bide, Holly Fulton, Richard Nicoll
And onto the city of pasta and “basta!” Keri Blair highlights the top six trends to come out of Milan.
• Eyebrows: Brushed up, stained, penciled in, made bushy, you name it: brows are back with a vengeance. Seen at: Max Mara, Missoni [above]
• Pops of color: Neon pastels swept across eyelids were a standout. At Moschino Cheap and Chic, the makeup came alive in shades of icy blue, teal, pinks, and purples.Seen at: Moschino Cheap and Chic
• Metallic highlights: Metallic eye shades were tapped onto the high planes of the face with fingers to create a high-shine highlight that made the skin appear to glow from within.Seen at: Missoni [above]
• Sculpted chic: Skin, skin, and more skin, from the forehead to the toes. Girls were made to look defined and refined, using taupes and cool tones to define eyes, brows and cheeks into sheer perfection.Seen at: Les Copains
• Eyeliner: The runway showed a strong eyeliner look. Try MAC Cosmetics Eye Kohl in Smolder.Seen at: Moschino, Emilio Pucci
• Orange: Pastels and bright orange shades were seen on the runway. The color orange can be worn on the eyes, cheeks, or lips. Seen at: Max Mara
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.