Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• George Clooney, committed bachelor since the end of his first marriage in 1993, is engaged. His fiancée is a very nice looking, 36-year-old, tri-lingual, British human rights lawyer named Amal Alamuddin. [E!]
• Yet more evidence has emerged that Donald Sterling, the owner of the NBA team the Los Angeles Clippers, is a disgusting racist. Over the weekend TMZ posted an audio tape of Sterling telling his mistress not bring black people to Clippers’ games, and to remove a photo of Magic Johnson from her Instagram because of his skin color. For a list of some of the other disgusting racist things Sterling has said over the past 31 years, click here. [TMZ]
• DJ Rashad, a house DJ and integral member of Chicago’s footwork dance scene, died on Saturday of a suspected drug overdose. [The Chicago Sun Times]
• The Other Woman won the box office with just under $25 million. After three weeks in the top spot Captain America: The Winter Soldier slipped to number two. [BOM]
• A French lady offered leftover pizza to a homeless man in New York. Unfortunately, the homeless man was Richard Gere. [Page6]
• Hundreds of boxes of an Atari E.T.-themed videogame were found buried in a landfill in Alamogordo, New Mexico. Released in 1983, the game was a notorious flop. [Vulture]
• Mary-Kate Olsen and Olivier Sarkozy have bought $13.4 a house in Turtle Bay, because that’s where you really want to live when you make it big… [P6]