Weekend News Roundup! Givenchy at NYFW, Ian McKellen Forever, and the Dalai Lama at Glastonbury
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Amy Schumer almost took over The Daily Show, but she didn’t want to know what she was going to be doing every day for the next five years. [NYDN]
• David Ayer had one of his friends act as a therapist for the cast of Suicide Squad. [E!]
• Jurassic World won the box office again. It will probably be usurped by Magic Mike XXL this weekend. [BOM]
• Because someone in Hollywood hates us, there is going to be a Top Gun sequel involving drones. [Rolling Stone]
• Here is everything that happened at the Glastonbury music festival over the weekend, including Patti Smith’s special guest, the Dalai Lama. (Nice jacket, Lionel Ritchie.) [The Guardian]
• And finally, the world has gone crazy and Givenchy is showing in New York this September instead of Paris. [Fashionista]