Weekend News Roundup! Happy Birthday Auntie Beyoncé and the Freddie Mercury Asteroid
Happy Tuesday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the holiday weekend.
• Beyoncé turned 35 on Sunday, which means she can now run for President! Chance the Rapper sang her a nice happy birthday song at the Made in America Festival. [Pitchfork]
• Yesterday would have marked the 70th birthday of the late Freddie Mercury. To honor the occassion, an asteroid was named after the Queen singer. [Rolling Stone]
• Don’t Breathe won a pretty pitiful box office for the second week in a row. [BOM]
• N.W.A.’s infamous former manager Jerry Heller passed away on Friday at the age of 75. [NYT]
• Some unnamed executives really want Daniel Craig to continue playing James Bond. [The Independent]
• And finally, here is a slideshow featuring 25 close-range photos of a random British reality star getting “flour bombed” courtesy of The Daily Mail. [The Daily Mail]