Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Harry Potter fans, rejoice. There is an American school of witchcraft and wizadry, but it is not located in New York. You will find out the name in the forthcoming Harry Potter prequel film Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. [Cinemablend]
• Oh, Kate Moss, don’t call your EasyJet pilot at “basic bitch.” It will not end well for you. [Gawker]
• The Tony Awards took place last night. Monica Lewinsky and Kendall Jenner were there. Fun Home won Best Musical, The Curious Incident of the Dog at Nighttime won Best Play, and Skylight won Best Revival. Acting awards went to Alex Sharp, Helen Mirren, Michael Cerveris, Kelli O’Hara, Richard McCabe, Annaleigh Ashford, Christian Borle, and Ruthie Ann Miles. [Tony Awards]
• Spy won the box office. [BOM]
• Paris Hilton will perform at her sister’s wedding… [P6]
• Two convicted murders broke out of a maximum prison in upstate New York using power tools. [CNN]
• Buzz Osborne, a friend and former classmate of Kurt Cobain and member of the band the Melvins, thinks the Cobain documentary Montage of Heck is shamefully inaccurate. [Pitchfork]