Capture: Ryan McGinley Closes Downtown
Published March 19, 2010
Are we, as part of the media onslaught, to blame? “Everybody Knows This is Nowhere,” Ryan McGinley’s opening of new black-and-white portraits at Team Gallery, was mobbed by more than a thousand of the artist’s closest fans. Police trolled surrounding Grand Street to make sure traffic could pass, and the doors to the gallery were barricaded. Ryan looked out from the gallery’s front window and waved to the masses. So where did all the love come from? “I invited all my Facebook friends,” the artist confessed.
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward