Weekend News Roundup! Mulligan's Off the Market; Aniston Will Be Soon
Happy Monday! Here's our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• We were only vaguely aware that Carey Mulligan was dating musician Marcus Mumford, of Mumford & Sons—which is probably exactly what they want—but it seems they got engaged last August and married over the weekend at a farm in England. The bride reportedly wore Versace, and Adele performed at the reception. Mazel tov to the happy couple! [The Cut/NYM]
• In more maybe-wedding news: Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux are reportedly planning to get married on the Greek island of Crete, where Aniston's father was born, this summer. Of course, no item about Aniston's tentative wedding plans could fail to mention Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's recent engagement, but we'll leave it at that. [P6/NYP]
• After a string of electrifying performances, and with seven years passed since her last album and the new one due out June 19, Fiona Apple's buzzier than a beehive; here's the first single from the upcoming The Idler Wheel... [Pitchfork]
• Think Like a Man and The Lucky One unseated The Hunger Games in the top spot at the box office this weekend, with $33M and $22.8M, respectively. Chimpanzee took fourth with $10.2M, and The Three Stooges is also a movie that is out and made $9.2M. [BOM]
• May Anderson, the assistant director of Lower East Side art gallery The Hole, is on the cover of Playboy this month, an appearance that dovetails nicely with the current show at the gallery, "Giverny," which is sponsored by playboy.com. Synergy! [GalleristNY]
• Confidential to Charlize Theron and Reese Witherspoon: the next time you two ladies want to have a fun gal-pal dinner at Chateau Marmont, if you need a third gal, we are literally always available for you. [People]