ABOVE: A PICTURE OF JUSTIN THEROUX FROM JUNE 2010, BEFORE ANISTON'S ORGANIZING INFLUENCE.
Happy Monday! Here's our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• A lot of things happened this weekend, but arguably nothing more important to the single 40-something American women still clinging onto a shred of hope than the news that Jennifer Aniston is engaged. Hey, are we the only ones who remember that Justin Theroux played two separate Carrie love interests on Sex and the City and they just acted like it never happened? [People]
• The Olympics are over! The Spice Girls reunited for the Closing Ceremonies, in a spectacularly weird program that also included Annie Lennox singing on a skeletal Gothic ship (what?), Pet Shop Boys, Liam Gallagher sans Noel, videos of John Lennon and David Bowie, and Jessie J romping around in a flesh-colored bodysuit. The Spice Girls killed it, though Victoria Beckham may have been bored. [RS]
• The Dark Knight Rises fell to number three in the weekend box office, beat out by The Bourne Legacy (which made $40.2M) and The Campaign, which pulled in $27.4M. Hope Springs opened in fourth with $15.6M, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid pulled in another $8.2M. [BOM]
• Miley Cyrus has a new, very blonde, very short haircut that is equal parts 2005 Robyn and 2011 Agyness Deyn. [EW]
• If you're sad about the end of the Olympics, this new Louis Vuitton ad, shot by Annie Leibovitz and featuring Michael Phelps in a bathtub wearing just swim briefs and goggles, might quell some of the pain. [JJ]
• Here's a new, 10-minute Real Estate song! [P4k]