Happy Tuesday! Here's our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the festive weekend.
• It was not a great Christmas weekend for celebrities: George Michael was found dead in his home on Christmas day by his boyfriend. He was 53 years old. Since his death, many have come forward detailing Michael's many charitable donations both to individuals and organizations such as Child Line. [The Guardian]
• Comedian and actor Ricky Harris passed away yesterday. He was 54. [Variety]
• Carrie Fisher had a heart attack on a Friday flight from London to L.A. Yesterday afternoon, her mother Debbie Reynolds announced she was in "stable condition." [NBC]
• Rogue One won the box office, obviously. [BOM]
• Sony music's Twitter account was hacked. The hacker tweeted that Britney Spears had died, but she is in fact alive and well. [THR]
• A Sri Lankan church accidentally gave out hymn booklets featuring the lyrics to Tupac's "Hail Mary" instead of the traditional hymn. Unfortunately for the internet, someone realized the mistake before the singing began. [CNN]
• Run the Jewels released their third album three weeks early. [Pitchfork]